Survey Technician (Cambridge, MN)
LHB has an opportunity for a Survey Technician to join our Public Work Structure & Survey group. This job is based in our Cambridge, MN office.
The responsibilities for this position will include but are not limited to:
- Perform field surveys & calculations required for construction, boundary and topographic surveys
- Assist with ensuring that surveys are in compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations
- Prepare field notes, reports, and necessary project-related correspondence
- Build and maintain solid client relationships
- Carry up to 50 pounds of surveying equipment over rough and steep terrain
- Exercise sound independent judgment within general policy guidelines and perform other related work as assigned
- Work in all weather conditions, near high-volume traffic, stand or walk for long periods
- High school diploma or GED
- 1 year of previous experience working as a survey field technician and/or strong interest or desire to start survey field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel up to 20% of time
- Ability to communicate effectively and work as part of a team
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- A revoked, suspended, or canceled driver’s license within the last five (5) years or three (3) serious traffic violations within the last three (3) years may disqualify a candidate.
- Upon receipt of an offer of employment, applicants must be able to successfully complete pre-employment onboarding requirements that will include a criminal/civil background check and drug screen, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Total Station and GPS
- Experience using Trimble equipment
- Experience with CAD software
- Ability to evaluate, plan, direct, manage, communicate, engage, and oversee projects with varying degree of complexity.
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Completed job application
Founded in Duluth in 1966, LHB is a multidisciplinary architecture, engineering, and planning firm that serves clients nationwide. We specialize in commercial, education, government, healthcare, housing, industrial, pipeline, and public works projects and maintain four regional offices in Minnesota and Wisconsin. LHB is committed to providing clients with high-performance, sustainable design solutions that can meet today’s challenges and create a better tomorrow. In 2021, the Minnesota chapter of the American Institute of Architects honored LHB with its biennial Firm Award.
LHB does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled