Structural Engineering Intern (Public Works)
LHB has an exciting summer internship opportunity for a Structural Engineering student to work in our Duluth, MN office!
As a Structural Engineering intern with LHB, you will have customized, hands-on training through direct project experience and related additional duties. You will spend most of your time out in the field, interacting with several LHB disciplines, clients, and contractors. You will assist with reviewing and interpreting plan sets for bridges and/or roadways in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, assist with survey and project staking, and aid in project documentation, recordkeeping, and closeout. Travel throughout northeastern Minnesota may be required.
The responsibilities for this position will include but are not limited to:
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering (structural focus) from an ABET accredited college
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Upon receipt of an offer of employment, applicants must be able to successfully complete pre-employment onboarding requirements that will include a criminal/civil background check and drug screen, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations
- Application materials must demonstrate prior experience with, and a working knowledge of, AutoCAD and/or Microstation
- Application materials must demonstrate familiarity with construction standards, plans, and requirements
- Ability to self-motivate and work productively with minimal supervision
- Preference given to applicants that have demonstrated construction experience on bridge or culvert/roadway projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Employee Assistance Program
Founded in Duluth in 1966, LHB is a multidisciplinary architecture, engineering, and planning firm that serves clients nationwide. We specialize in commercial, education, government, healthcare, housing, industrial, pipeline, and public works projects and maintain four regional offices in Minnesota and Wisconsin. LHB is committed to providing clients with high-performance, sustainable design solutions that can meet today’s challenges and create a better tomorrow. In 2021, the Minnesota chapter of the American Institute of Architects honored LHB with its biennial Firm Award.
LHB does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled