Senior Mechanical Engineer
LHB has an immediate opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our Energy & Industry team. The position can be based out of our Duluth or Minneapolis, MN offices.
The responsibilities for this position will include but are not limited to:
- Supervising and leading the mechanical engineering design for a variety of projects in the Oil & Gas, Pulp & Paper, and Mining & Heavy Manufacturing markets.
- Work closely with clients to complete project scope development and estimating to secure funding.
- Attending and participating in various meetings with external clients throughout the project life cycle.
- Performing field verifications and organizing acquired field data.
- Completing and/or reviewing design calculations & equipment selection.
- Ensure project reporting and documentation requirements are being met.
- Providing oversight and guidance to junior engineers and drafters on project designs.
- Fostering relationships with existing clients while cultivating new relationships to drive organization growth.
- Participate in business development activities. Examples of such activities include collaborating with the marketing team to prepare marketing materials, performing presentations to prospective clients and attending trade shows.
- Ensuring LHB QA/QC processes are followed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited program
- 10+ years of previous employment in engineering design
- Professional Engineering licensure
- Familiarity with hazardous liquid, gas, process, and power piping systems / equipment
- Willingness to travel intermittently
- Upon receipt of an offer of employment, applicants must be able to successfully complete pre-employment onboarding requirements that will include a criminal/civil background check and drug screen, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- Prior experience supervising staff
- Leadership experience and/or aspirations
- Demonstrated working knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite and analysis software such as Ceasar II and/ or AFT Fathom
- Experience using AutoCAD or Revit
- Possess excellent communication, interpersonal, time management and problem-solving skills
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
- Hybrid Work Environment
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Medical and Dental
- HSA/FSA (Medical, Dependent Care, Parking Transportation)
- Basic Life and AD&D
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee-Owned Company/Opportunities to become a Shareholder
Founded in Duluth in 1966, LHB is a multidisciplinary architecture, engineering, and planning firm that serves clients nationwide. We specialize in commercial, education, government, healthcare, housing, industrial, pipeline, and public works projects and maintain four regional offices in Minnesota and Wisconsin. LHB is committed to providing clients with high-performance, sustainable design solutions that can meet today’s challenges and create a better tomorrow. In 2021, the Minnesota chapter of the American Institute of Architects honored LHB with its biennial Firm Award.
LHB does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled