Project Engineer (Mechanical or Civil)
LHB Technical Staffing, LLC has an exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer to join one of our client teams in the oil and gas industry in Superior, WI!
Oversee the design for compressor station facilities for expansion and maintenance capital projects executed by third party engineering firms to ensure compliance with company standards and specifications and industry standards and managed to the project budget and schedule. Liaison with other client functional groups within Project Execution, Operations, and Shared Services to ensure project and company requirements are achieved and incorporated into the design deliverables.
The responsibilities for this position will include but are not limited to:
- Ensure that all compressor station facilities are designed in accordance with all regulations, applicable industry codes and corporate standards.
- Define the scope, schedule, and budget for the design and materials for compressor station facility projects.
- Manage the execution of the design deliverables by a third-party engineering firm against the project budget and schedule.
- Review and approve design deliverables, for example drawings, technical reports, and material listing sheets.
- Participate in design review meeting with engineering firm, project manager, operations, and construction personnel to discuss the scope, design, and expected performance as well as work out constructability issues.
- Review vendor materials quotations, prepare technical evaluations, and recommend selections based on technical merit along with price and delivery. For example: gas compression equipment, vessels, buildings, generators, pipe, valves, and fittings.
- Review lessons learned from past projects and incorporate recommendations into future designs.
- Actively identify and communicate new lessons learned and quality incidents for assigned projects.
- Support department initiatives as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, civil, or other related engineering from an ABET accredited program.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% time
- Upon receipt of an offer of employment, applicants must be able to successfully complete pre-employment onboarding requirements that will include a criminal/civil background check and drug screen, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- Strong computer skills, typically using Microsoft Office applications
- Capable of working independently, managing multiple projects and prioritizing tasks accordingly
- Problem-solve issues through use of standards, modification of standards, and/or previous experience
- Effectively communicate technical issues and impacts to other technical and non-technical staff
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Medical and Dental
- HSA/FSA (Medical, Dependent Care, Parking Transportation)
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Employee Assistance Program
Founded in Duluth in 1966, LHB is a multidisciplinary architecture, engineering, and planning firm that serves clients nationwide. We specialize in commercial, education, government, healthcare, housing, industrial, pipeline, and public works projects and maintain four regional offices in Minnesota and Wisconsin. LHB is committed to providing clients with high-performance, sustainable design solutions that can meet today’s challenges and create a better tomorrow. In 2021, the Minnesota chapter of the American Institute of Architects honored LHB with its biennial Firm Award.
LHB does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled