Project Engineer (Electrical)
LHB Technical Staffing, LLC has an exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer to join one of our client teams in the oil and gas industry in Superior, WI!
Oversee the electrical design for facilities associated with expansion and maintenance capital projects executed by third party engineering firms to ensure compliance with company standards and specifications and industry standards and managed to the project budget and schedule. Liaison with other client internal functional groups within Project Execution, Operations and Shared Services to ensure project and company requirements are achieved and incorporated into the design deliverables.
The responsibilities for this position will include but are not limited to:
- Support the development of the electrical project scope, schedule, capital cost estimate, execution planning, risks and supporting information related to assigned facility projects during the project development phase.
- Ensure that all electrical facilities are designed in accordance with all regulations, applicable industry codes and corporate standards.
- Manage the execution of the electrical design deliverables by a third-party engineering firm against the project budget and schedule.
- Review and approve electrical design deliverables, for example drawings, technical reports, and material listing sheets.
- Review vendor materials quotations, evaluate technical bid evaluations, and recommend to the supervisor selections based on technical merit along with price and delivery. Collaborate with supply chain to procure material via internal tools.
- Review lessons learned from past projects and incorporate recommendations into future designs.
- Provide technical support to the construction team during construction phases.
- Support and/or lead department initiatives as required.
- Ensure that development project scope definitions comply with all regulatory, environmental, health and safety requirements through effective management and coordination of internal functional groups.
- Provide support and assistance to peers and more senior staff in order to facilitate business initiatives and legal compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from an ABET accredited program
- 5+ years of progressive experience in electrical engineering system design and commissioning activities
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% time
- Upon receipt of an offer of employment, applicants must be able to successfully complete pre-employment onboarding requirements that will include a criminal/civil background check and drug screen, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- Strong background in 480V and motor controls
- Strong background in VFD’s, medium voltage switchgear, and power distribution systems
- Strong background in power industry standards and practices
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative, initiate and manage change
- Capable of working independently, managing multiple projects, and prioritizing tasks accordingly
- Ability to resolve complex issues based on depth and breadth of technical and business knowledge
- Awareness of interrelationships with other stakeholders both internal and external to the project team
- Effectively communicate technical issues and impacts to other technical and non-technical staff
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Medical and Dental
- HSA/FSA (Medical, Dependent Care, Parking Transportation)
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Employee Assistance Program
Founded in Duluth in 1966, LHB is a multidisciplinary architecture, engineering, and planning firm that serves clients nationwide. We specialize in commercial, education, government, healthcare, housing, industrial, pipeline, and public works projects and maintain four regional offices in Minnesota and Wisconsin. LHB is committed to providing clients with high-performance, sustainable design solutions that can meet today’s challenges and create a better tomorrow. In 2021, the Minnesota chapter of the American Institute of Architects honored LHB with its biennial Firm Award.
LHB does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled