LHB has an opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer to join our Energy & Industry team in our Duluth, MN or Minneapolis, MN offices.
Our team, made up of talented designers and skilled support staff, is deeply committed to making the world a better place for all people. We love a good challenge, and our collaborative culture encourages creative teamwork and learning. But we also believe in balancing work and play, contributing time and money to good causes, and caring for each other. If that sounds like a place you’d like to work, we hope you’ll join us!
The responsibilities for this position will include but are not limited to:
- Providing mechanical engineering design for a variety of Piping Systems Design projects
- Working closely with clients to meet & exceed their objectives
- Attending and participating in various meetings with external clients throughout the course of the project life cycle.
- Performing field verifications, Identifying & organizing acquired field data
- Ensuring LHB QA/QC processes are followed
- Completing and/or reviewing design calculations & equipment selection
- Assisting with project reporting requirements and documentation
- Providing oversight and guidance to junior engineers and drafters on project designs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited program
- 4+ years of previous employment in engineering design
- Upon receipt of an offer of employment, applicants must be able to successfully complete pre-employment onboarding requirements that will include a criminal/civil background check and drug screen, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- Successful completion of FE exam
- Professional Engineering licensure
- Demonstrated working knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite and analysis software such as Ceasar II and/ or AFT Fathom
- Experience using AutoCAD or Revit
- Possess excellent communication, interpersonal, time management and problem-solving skills
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
- Must be willing to travel intermittently
- Familiarity with hazardous liquid, gas, process, and power piping systems
- Hybrid Work Schedule
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Medical and Dental
- HSA/FSA (Medical, Dependent Care, Parking Transportation)
- Base Life and AD&D
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Employee Assistance Program
Founded in Duluth in 1966, LHB is a multidisciplinary architecture, engineering, and planning firm that serves clients nationwide. We specialize in commercial, education, government, healthcare, housing, industrial, pipeline, and public works projects and maintain four regional offices in Minnesota and Wisconsin. LHB is committed to providing clients with high-performance, sustainable design solutions that can meet today’s challenges and create a better tomorrow. In 2021, the Minnesota chapter of the American Institute of Architects honored LHB with its biennial Firm Award.
LHB does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled