Interior Design College Intern
LHB has an exciting opportunity for an Interior Design College Intern currently enrolled in a Bachelor of Interior Design program!
This position offers an opportunity to use your extraordinary design, organizational, and communication skills to aid in project-related and material-library management tasks. This internship has the opportunity for mentoring from professional interior designers and architects. This is a hybrid position that is available full-time hours during summer 2023, with the potential to continue at 8-10 hours a week during the 2023-24 academic year. The position can be based in our Duluth or Minneapolis, MN offices.
The responsibilities for this position will include but are not limited to:
- Project team support in design-related tasks under direct supervision
- BIM Model Drafting
- Finish Selection
- Digital Finish Boards
- Presentation Materials
- Material Library Management Tasks under direct supervision:
- Organization of interior finish samples
- Ordering, receiving and mailing of interior finish samples
- Communicating and scheduling product sales representative visits
- Pursuing an Interior Design degree: 3rd year Bachelor’s degree student
- Upon receipt of an offer of employment, applicants must be able to successfully complete pre-employment onboarding requirements that will include a criminal/civil background check and drug screen, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- Preference will be given to applicants able to work out of Duluth, MN office
- Minneapolis, MN candidate may be asked to travel to Duluth, MN office as needed
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Revit & In-Design
- Independent worker with strong time-management skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Professional verbal communication skills
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Portfolio of project examples (minimum 3)
Founded in Duluth in 1966, LHB is a multidisciplinary architecture, engineering, and planning firm that serves clients nationwide. We specialize in commercial, education, government, healthcare, housing, industrial, pipeline, and public works projects and maintain four regional offices in Minnesota and Wisconsin. LHB is committed to providing clients with high-performance, sustainable design solutions that can meet today’s challenges and create a better tomorrow. In 2021, the Minnesota chapter of the American Institute of Architects honored LHB with its biennial Firm Award.
LHB does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled