Electrical Engineering Intern
LHB has an exciting internship opportunity for an Electrical Engineering Intern to work in our Duluth, MN office!
As an Electrical Engineering intern with LHB, you will have customized, hands-on training through direct project experience and related additional duties. In this internship, you will be working with our Energy & Industry group, fosusing on pipeline and industrial facility designs, as well as assisting with field verifications. In this position, you will also interact with several LHB disciplines, clients, and contractors in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. Day-to-day workload expected for this position may include:
- Provide electrical engineering design and drafting for a variety of projects
- Assist with power analysis/modeling
- Assist with project engineers/managers as directed
- Work with drafting technicians to interpret and complete redlines, including drawing backchecks
- Work closely with clients to meet and exceed their objectives
- Assist in project coordination with contractors, engineers, and clients
- Assist with construction administration support, including field observations
The responsibilities for this position will include but are not limited to:
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from an ABET accredited college
- Sophomore level as of May 2023
- Upon receipt of an offer of employment, applicants must be able to successfully complete pre-employment onboarding requirements that will include a criminal/civil background check and drug screen, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Demonstrated knowledge/familiarity with AutoCAD or other drafting/design software
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge/familiarity with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, etc.)
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Employee Assistance Program
Founded in Duluth in 1966, LHB is a multidisciplinary architecture, engineering, and planning firm that serves clients nationwide. We specialize in commercial, education, government, healthcare, housing, industrial, pipeline, and public works projects and maintain four regional offices in Minnesota and Wisconsin. LHB is committed to providing clients with high-performance, sustainable design solutions that can meet today’s challenges and create a better tomorrow. In 2021, the Minnesota chapter of the American Institute of Architects honored LHB with its biennial Firm Award.
LHB does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled