LHB is looking for forward-thinking and creative electrical engineers to help grow capacity in our Integrative Design Team that designs high-performance buildings and sites for Government, Education, Commercial, and Healthcare clients. Opportunities include working on a wide variety of building types, low voltage design, and helping to develop research projects.
We want people that thrive on problem-solving and want to work within interdisciplinary design teams. Our Electrical Engineering is at the leading edge of LHB’s goal of regenerative design and being at the forefront of design for our changing world.
The responsibilities for this position will include but are not limited to:
- Lighting and controls, power, and low voltage systems design.
- Writing and editing project specifications utilizing CSI Master Format.
- Conducting field verifications.
- Performing photometric, short circuit, and available fault current calculations.
- Completing construction administration tasks.
- Interacting with clients, the public, and agencies as required.
- Preparing written reports and project documents.
- Ensuring LHB QA/QC processes are followed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET-accredited program.
- 4+ years’ experience in the design and construction industry.
- Knowledge of Electrical codes, concepts, and design.
- Licensed engineer in the state of Minnesota OR capable of licensure in Minnesota and Wisconsin.
- Upon receipt of an offer of employment, applicants must be able to successfully complete pre-employment onboarding requirements that will include a criminal/civil background check and drug screen, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Construction observation experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge/familiarity with Revit and/or BIM software.
- Knowledge of Specifications.
- Knowledge of low-voltage systems.
- The position is hybrid (home and office) and is based in our Duluth or Minneapolis locations.
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Medical and Dental
- HSA/FSA (Medical, Dependent Care, Parking Transportation)
- Base Life and AD&D
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee-Owned Company/Opportunities to become a Shareholder
Founded in Duluth in 1966, LHB is a multidisciplinary architecture, engineering, and planning firm that serves clients nationwide. LHB believes in our Core Values:
- Healthy Relationships (Caring, Humble, Empathetic, Honest, Trustworthy, Personable)
- Technical Excellence (Highest Quality, Creativity, Design)
- Dedicated (Family, Each Other, Clients, Community)
- Listen First (Know Our Clients, Call Out Issues, Question the Status Quo, Be Change Agents, Be Flexible)
In 2021, the Minnesota chapter of the American Institute of Architects honored LHB with its biennial Firm Award, and has been a Top 200 Workplace winner since 2019.
LHB does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled