Climate Solutions Intern
The LHB Climate Solutions Studio is a passionate team of architects, engineers, and researchers within an interdisciplinary design firm. Climate solutions are what we need right now to stop catastrophic climate change and ensure climate justice for all. Our projects inform policies, guidelines, and programs to improve the built environment’s impact on natural resources, greenhouse gas emissions, and climate equity. Learn more here.
Our team has an opening for an individual with a strong interest in tracking and communicating performance data as well as making and testing hypotheses. This internship offers an opportunity to use your excellent research, quantitative analysis, problem solving, and writing skills to support interesting projects with a meaningful impact. This is currently a remote working position for summer 2022 with the possibility of continuing through the 22-23 academic year. Actual hours and schedule will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Work with LHB’s Climate Solutions Studio on climate action planning and research projects to improve the built environment. Tasks may include:
- Research on building design-related topics
- Literature reviews
- Data collection
- Quantitative analysis
- Visual communications of data and results
- Greenhouse gas inventories
- Written blog posts and research reports
- Pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Demonstrated research experience
- Previous coursework and/or internship focused on environmental sustainability
- Strong writing skills
- Upon receipt of an offer of employment, applicants must be able to successfully complete pre-employment onboarding requirements that will include a criminal/civil background check and drug screen, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations
- Ability to effectively communicate concepts through visual representation
- Passion for sustainability, climate action, equity/inclusion
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Curiosity for learning and innovation
- Ability to collaborate with a team
- Self-motivated individual who goes above and beyond to add value to projects
- Cover letter
- Writing sample
LHB is a multi-disciplinary engineering, architecture, and planning firm known for our design leadership and loyalty to clients. LHB goes beyond good intentions and focuses on measurable performance. We specialize in public works, pipeline, industrial, housing, healthcare, government, education, and commercial design. LHB is dedicated to being environmentally responsible, reducing long term operating costs, and improving the quality of life for our clients.
LHB has civil, electrical, mechanical, and structural engineers, land surveyors, architects, interior designers, and landscape architects. LHB provides community planning, and designs systems, performance programs, sites, utilities, and buildings. We create performance-based design, utilizing high performance guidelines including ENERGYSTAR and LEED, and measuring success with Performance Metrics™.
LHB does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled