Climate Solutions Intern
The LHB Climate Solutions Studio is a passionate team of architects, engineers, and researchers within a multidisciplinary design firm. Climate solutions are what we need right now to stop catastrophic climate change and ensure climate justice for all. Our projects inform policies, guidelines, and programs to improve the built environment’s impact on natural resources, greenhouse gas emissions, and climate equity. Learn more at LHB Climate Solutions.
Our team has an opening for an individual with a strong interest in tracking and communicating performance data as well as making and testing hypotheses. This internship offers an opportunity to use your excellent research, quantitative analysis, problem-solving, and writing skills to support interesting projects with a meaningful impact. This is a hybrid (in LHB’s Minneapolis or Duluth office) working position for summer 2023 with the possibility of continuing through the 2023-24 academic year. Actual hours and schedule will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Work with LHB’s Climate Solutions Studio on climate action planning and research projects to improve the built environment. Tasks may include:
- Research on environmental sustainability topics related to buildings, transportation, energy systems, water resources, city planning
- Literature reviews
- Data collection
- Quantitative analysis
- Visual communication of data and results
- Greenhouse gas inventories
- Written blog posts and research reports
- Pursuing Bachelor’s degree
- Previous coursework and/or internship focused on environmental sustainability topics related to buildings, transportation, energy systems, water resources, or city planning
- Upon receipt of an offer of employment, applicants must be able to successfully complete pre-employment onboarding requirements that will include a criminal/civil background check and drug screen, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations
- Pursuing Master’s degree
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to effectively communicate concepts through visual representation
- Passion for sustainability, climate action, equity/inclusion
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Curiosity for learning and innovation
- Ability to collaborate with a team
- Self-motivated individual who goes above and beyond to add value to projects
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Cover letter
- Writing sample
Founded in Duluth in 1966, LHB is a multidisciplinary architecture, engineering, and planning firm that serves clients nationwide. We specialize in commercial, education, government, healthcare, housing, industrial, pipeline, and public works projects and maintain four regional offices in Minnesota and Wisconsin. LHB is committed to providing clients with high-performance, sustainable design solutions that can meet today’s challenges and create a better tomorrow. In 2021, the Minnesota chapter of the American Institute of Architects honored LHB with its biennial Firm Award.
LHB does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled