Civil Engineering Intern (Energy & Industry)
LHB has an exciting summer internship opportunity for a Civil Engineering student to work in our Duluth office!
As a Civil Engineering Intern with LHB, you will have customized, hands-on training through direct project experience and related additional duties. In this internship, you will spend most of your time engaging with the civil engineering team from our Energy & Industry business unit. You will support civil engineering project design while developing skills in AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and Bluebeam. Travel to project sites in Midwest states may be required.
The responsibilities for this position will include but are not limited to:
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from an ABET accredited college
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Upon receipt of an offer of employment, applicants must be able to successfully complete pre-employment onboarding requirements that will include a criminal/civil background check and drug screen, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations
- Demonstrated prior experience with AutoCAD
- Junior or senior year of college, however students entering their sophomore year are also encouraged to apply
- Ability to self-motivate and work productively with minimal supervision
- Preference given to applicants that have a desire to work in civil site design, particularly serving the energy and industry markets
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Unofficial transcripts
Founded in Duluth in 1966, LHB is a multidisciplinary architecture, engineering, and planning firm that serves clients nationwide. We specialize in commercial, education, government, healthcare, housing, industrial, pipeline, and public works projects and maintain four regional offices in Minnesota and Wisconsin. LHB is committed to providing clients with high-performance, sustainable design solutions that can meet today’s challenges and create a better tomorrow. In 2021, the Minnesota chapter of the American Institute of Architects honored LHB with its biennial Firm Award.
LHB does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled