LHB has an immediate opportunity for an Architect to join our Housing Studio. The position, part of our Integrated Design Team group, is based in our Minneapolis office.
The LHB Housing Studio consists of a 20-person team with a passion for and commitment to collaborating with a wide variety of clients in the creation of socially impactful housing through innovative and environmentally sensitive design. This full-time position offers an opportunity to use your technical, design, and graphics skills to contribute to interesting projects for a diverse group of clients.
The responsibilities for this position will include but are not limited to:
- Leading project design teams, including consultants
- Managing scope, budget, and schedule for multiple projects simultaneously
- Facilitating client interactions, including leading user group meetings
- Developing conceptual, schematic, design development, and construction documents
- Executing applicable code analysis for project scope. Coordinating requirements with team and authorities having jurisdiction
- Writing specifications (SpecLink experience preferred)
- Performing construction administration duties (e.g., leading OAC meetings, shop drawing review, RFIs, ASIs, PRs, etc.)
- Professional degree in Architecture from an accredited institution
- Licensure to practice architecture (and the ability to obtain State of Minnesota licensure)
- 5+ years of architectural experience
- Proficiency in Revit, Adobe Creative Suite & Sketchup
- Exceptional project work reflecting design and graphic presentation skills
- Experience with and knowledge of wood frame building systems and technology
- Experience with multi-family residential building design and energy codes
- Upon receipt of an offer of employment, applicants must be able to successfully complete pre-employment onboarding requirements that will include a criminal/civil background check and drug screen, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations
- Experience with affordable housing financing requirements and processes
- Experience with housing-specific sustainable design initiatives including Green Communities, LEED, B3, Energy Star, PHIUS and/or similar
- Experience with existing building assessments and renovation
- Experience with construction administration services
- Hybrid Work Environment
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Medical and Dental
- HSA/FSA (Medical, Dependent Care, Parking Transportation)
- Base Life and AD&D
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Employee Assistance Program
Founded in Duluth in 1966, LHB is a multidisciplinary architecture, engineering, and planning firm that serves clients nationwide. We specialize in commercial, education, government, healthcare, housing, industrial, pipeline, and public works projects and maintain four regional offices in Minnesota and Wisconsin. LHB is committed to providing clients with high-performance, sustainable design solutions that can meet today’s challenges and create a better tomorrow.
LHB does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled