Survey Crew Chief
LHB has an opportunity for a Survey Crew Chief to join our Public Works, Structures & Survey group. This job is based in our Duluth, MN office and will require frequent travel throughout the upper Midwest.
The responsibilities for this position will include but are not limited to:
- Utility locates & 4-way sweeps
- Perform calculations required for construction, boundary, and topographic surveys
- Train and evaluate team members performance in the field
- Assist with ensuring that surveys are in compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations
- Prepare field notes, reports, and necessary project related correspondence
- Build and maintain solid client relationships with good communication skills while interacting on job sites
- Work in all weather conditions, near high-volume traffic, stand or walk for long periods
- Carry up to 50 pounds of surveying equipment over rough and steep terrain
- Exercise sound independent judgment within general policy guidelines and perform other related work as assigned
- High School diploma or GED
- 1 year of previous experience working as a survey tech and/or crew chief
- Previous experience with 4-way sweep process
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must be willing to travel 80-100% of the time
- Ability to perform moderate lifting (50 lbs.), standing, and walking for extended periods
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- A revoked, suspended, or canceled driver’s license within the last five (5) years or three (3) serious traffic violations within the last three (3) years may disqualify a candidate.
- Upon receipt of an offer of employment, applicants must be able to successfully complete pre-employment onboarding requirements that will include a criminal/civil background check and drug screen, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- AA and/or Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated knowledge of Total Station and GPS
- Experience using Trimble equipment
- Experience with ArcGIS and CAD software
- Ability to communicate effectively and work as part of team
- Strong work ethic, dependable, and motivated
- Ability to evaluate, plan, direct, manage, communicate, engage and oversee projects with varying degrees of complexity
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Medical and Dental
- HSA/FSA (Medical, Dependent Care, Parking Transportation)
- Basic Life and AD&D
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee-Owned Company/Opportunities to become a shareholder
Founded in Duluth in 1966, LHB is a multidisciplinary architecture, engineering, and planning firm that serves clients nationwide. We specialize in commercial, education, government, healthcare, housing, industrial, pipeline, and public works projects and maintain four regional offices in Minnesota and Wisconsin. LHB is committed to providing clients with high-performance, sustainable design solutions that can meet today’s challenges and create a better tomorrow. In 2021, the Minnesota chapter of the American Institute of Architects honored LHB with its biennial Firm Award.
LHB does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled