Senior Electrical Engineer
LHB is looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer who is ready to take the next step in their leadership journey. This position is part of our Integrative Design Team that designs high performance buildings and sites for Government, Education, Commercial, and Healthcare clients. Our ideal candidate desires to be a leader, integrator, and mentor of talent and wants to work in a highly collaborative and creative environment. This position will be responsible for the critical components of running a highly sustainable and forward-looking Electrical design group.
Electrical Engineering is at the leading edge of LHB’s goal of regenerative design and being at the forefront of design for our changing world. As such, there are opportunities to develop and conduct research projects, work with our climate solutions team on energy reduction, and apply innovative designs to our building projects. We want people who thrive on problem-solving and are committed to LHBs passion for improving the future by design.
The responsibilities for this position will include but are not limited to:
- Fostering relationships with existing clients, while cultivating new relationships to drive organizational growth and strength
- Leading and mentoring electrical engineers and electrical technicians
- Leading the process of responding to requests for proposals for professional engineering services from clients (internal and external)
- Interacting with project teams and clients to understand their needs and following through with design to meet their expectations
- Overseeing design and peer reviewing:
- Power one-line diagrams
- Power distribution interconnection and equipment sizing
- Lighting/photometrics, control, and low voltage systems design
- Short circuit and available fault current calculations
- Project specifications development
- Ensuring LHB QA/QC processes are followed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET-accredited program
- 10+ years’ experience in the design/construction industry
- Professional Engineer in MN or WI
- Knowledge of Electrical codes, standards, concepts, and design
- Ability to evaluate, plan, direct, manage, communicate, engage, and oversee projects with varying degrees of complexity
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Upon receipt of an offer of employment, applicants must be able to successfully complete pre-employment onboarding requirements that will include a criminal/civil background check and drug screen, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- Staff supervision experience
- Leadership experience and/or aspirations
- Construction observation experience
- Demonstrated knowledge/familiarity with Revit and/or BIM software
- Experience writing and/or modifying Specifications
- Knowledge of low voltage systems design
- RCDD certification
- The position is hybrid home and office and based in our Duluth or Minneapolis locations.
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Medical and Dental
- HSA/FSA (Medical, Dependent Care, Parking Transportation)
- Base Life and AD&D
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee-Owned Company/Opportunities to become a Shareholder
Founded in Duluth in 1966, LHB is a multidisciplinary architecture, engineering, and planning firm that serves clients nationwide. LHB believes in our Core Values:
- Healthy Relationships (Caring, Humble, Empathetic, Honest, Trustworthy, Personable)
- Technical Excellence (Highest Quality, Creativity, Design)
- Dedicated (Family, Each Other, Clients, Community)
- Listen First (Know Our Clients, Call Out Issues, Question the Status Quo, Be Change Agents, Be Flexible)
In 2021, the Minnesota chapter of the American Institute of Architects honored LHB with its biennial Firm Award, and has been a Top 200 Workplace winner since 2019.
LHB does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled