Mechanical Engineering Intern
LHB has an exciting internship opportunity for a Mechanical Engineering student to work in our Duluth or Minneapolis, MN office!
As a Mechanical Engineering intern with LHB, you will have customized, hands-on training through direct project experience and related additional duties. You work on pipeline and industrial facility design and drafting, and assist with field verifications. In this position, you will also interact with several LHB teams, clients, and contractors in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. Day-to-day workload for this position may include:
- Provide mechanical engineering design and drafting for a variety of projects
- Assist with hydraulic or stress analysis/modeling
- Assist with project engineers/managers as directed
- Work closely with clients to meet and exceed their objectives
- Assist in project coordination with contractors, engineers, and clients
- Assist with construction administration support, including field observations
The responsibilities for this position will include but are not limited to:
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited college
- Upon receipt of an offer of employment, applicants must be able to successfully complete pre-employment onboarding requirements that will include a criminal/civil background check and drug screen, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Sophomore level as of May 2023
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge/familiarity with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, etc.)
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Employee Assistance Program
Founded in Duluth in 1966, LHB is a multidisciplinary architecture, engineering, and planning firm that serves clients nationwide. We specialize in commercial, education, government, healthcare, housing, industrial, pipeline, and public works projects and maintain four regional offices in Minnesota and Wisconsin. LHB is committed to providing clients with high-performance, sustainable design solutions that can meet today’s challenges and create a better tomorrow. In 2021, the Minnesota chapter of the American Institute of Architects honored LHB with its biennial Firm Award.
LHB does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled