Mechanical Drafting Technician
LHB has an opportunity for a Mechanical Drafting Technician to join our Integrative Design Team. This job is based in our Duluth or Minneapolis, MN office.
The responsibilities for this position will include but are not limited to:
- Engineering plan production for various mechanical and plumbing system types including Duct layouts, HVAC equipment details, Hydronic Piping, Drain Waste & Vent, Domestic Water, Storm Water, and medical gas.
- Develop project plans and designs using Revit
- Perform sizing calculations and detailing work
- Work in a team environment with engineers and other technicians.
- Work with mechanical engineers to perform field investigation on existing building system
- Perform work in accordance with LHB QA/QC Policy
- Associate’s Degree in Engineering Technology (May 2023 grads will be considered)
- Upon receipt of an offer of employment, applicants must be able to successfully complete pre-employment onboarding requirements that will include a criminal/civil background check and drug screen, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations
- Prior experience and/or working knowledge with Revit
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a collaborative group
- Strong communication skills; able to be concise and communicate effectively
- Ability to coordinate with multiple internal and external disciplines
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Medical and Dental
- HSA/FSA (Medical, Dependent Care, Parking Transportation)
- Base Life and AD&D
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Employee Assistance Program
Founded in Duluth in 1966, LHB is a multidisciplinary architecture, engineering, and planning firm that serves clients nationwide. We specialize in commercial, education, government, healthcare, housing, industrial, pipeline, and public works projects and maintain four regional offices in Minnesota and Wisconsin. LHB is committed to providing clients with high-performance, sustainable design solutions that can meet today’s challenges and create a better tomorrow. In 2021, the Minnesota chapter of the American Institute of Architects honored LHB with its biennial Firm Award.
LHB does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled