LHB is looking for a creative, forward-thinking Electrical Engineer to grow capacity on our Building Design Team. The ideal candidate thrives on problem-solving and is aligned with our commitment to regenerative design principles. Opportunities include working on a wide variety of building types, low-voltage design projects, and research. The position is hybrid home and office and based in Duluth or Minneapolis.
The responsibilities for this position will include but are not limited to:
- Lighting and controls, power, and low voltage systems design
- Writing and editing project specifications utilizing CSI Master Format
- Conducting field verifications
- Performing photometric, short circuit, and available fault current calculations
- Completing construction administration tasks
- Interacting with clients, public, and agencies as required
- Preparing written reports and project documents
- Ensuring LHB QA/QC processes are followed
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from an ABET-accredited program
- 4+ years’ experience in the construction industry
- Knowledge of electrical codes, concepts, and design
- Licensed engineer in Minnesota OR capable of licensure in Minnesota and Wisconsin
- Upon receipt of an offer of employment, applicants must be able to successfully complete pre-employment onboarding requirements that will include a criminal/civil background check and drug screen, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Construction observation experience
- Demonstrated knowledge/familiarity in Revit and/or BIM software
- Knowledge of specifications
- Knowledge of low voltage systems
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Medical and Dental
- HSA/FSA (Medical, Dependent Care, Parking Transportation)
- Base Life and AD&D
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Employee Assistance Program
Founded in Duluth in 1966, LHB is a multidisciplinary architecture, engineering, and planning firm that serves clients nationwide. We specialize in commercial, education, government, healthcare, housing, industrial, pipeline, and public works projects and maintain four regional offices in Minnesota and Wisconsin. LHB is committed to providing clients with high-performance, sustainable design solutions that can meet today’s challenges and create a better tomorrow. In 2021, the Minnesota chapter of the American Institute of Architects honored LHB with its biennial Firm Award.
LHB does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled