Architectural College Intern
Do you have a passion for designing spaces that serve diverse populations, foster wellness, and restore the environment? LHB, winner of AIA Minnesota’s biennial Firm Award for 2022-23, is seeking an Architectural College Intern to join our Minneapolis office.
Our supportive, studio-based culture provides ample opportunity for mentoring from professional architects and engineers as well as support through the AXP process. You will rotate between LHB’s housing, K-12 Education, Government and Commercial studios to gain broad experience. The is a hybrid position that is for available full-time hours during summer 2023, with the potential to start immediately at 8-10 hours a week and continue at 8-10 hours a week during the 23-24 academic year.
- The responsibilities for this position will include but are not limited to:
- Project team support in all design and construction phases under direct supervision
- Development of graphics for visual communication
- Working collaboratively with a team
- Pursuing an Architecture degree: 3rd year BArch student or later, 4th year Bachelor student looking to continue into a Master’s program, or a student currently enrolled in first year Master’s program or later
- Upon receipt of an offer of employment, applicants must be able to successfully complete pre-employment onboarding requirements that will include a criminal/civil background check and drug screen, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- Application materials demonstrate working knowledge of Revit, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite
- Application materials demonstrate exceptional design skill and creativity
- Application materials demonstrate knowledge of sustainable design strategies
- Professional verbal communication and writing skills
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Work samples
Founded in Duluth in 1966, LHB is a multidisciplinary architecture, engineering, and planning firm that serves clients nationwide. We specialize in commercial, education, government, healthcare, housing, industrial, pipeline, and public works projects and maintain four regional offices in Minnesota and Wisconsin. LHB is committed to providing clients with high-performance, sustainable design solutions that can meet today’s challenges and create a better tomorrow. In 2021, the Minnesota chapter of the American Institute of Architects honored LHB with its biennial Firm Award.
LHB does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled