Senior Civil Engineer (Transportation)
LHB has an immediate opportunity for a Senior Civil Engineer (Transportation) to join our Roads & Highways team. The position, part of our Public Works unit, is based in our Duluth office.
If you are someone with an entrepreneurial spirit and ambition for leadership, growth, and opportunity in transportation engineering and design, we want to work with you! We are seeking a professional who is willing to play a key role in our transportation group, with the support of our established public works, structures, and survey team members.
The responsibilities for this position will include but are not limited to:
- Serving as a key role in project planning and design efforts for transportation-related projects, including state highways, county roadways, city streets, pedestrian, and bicycle systems.
- Interacting with clients, regulatory agencies, and the public as necessary for project delivery.
- Manage and coordinate project tasks and schedules with other team members, including the monitoring of project budgets.
- Mentor and provide guidance for junior staff members.
- Work collaboratively in a team setting with other project managers, engineers, and technicians.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited program
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.) in Minnesota
- 5-10 years of professional design experience in highway design
- Demonstrated experience in Microstation and GEOPAK
- Master’s degree in a Civil Engineering based program from an ABET accredited program
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with MnDOT and/or counties and municipalities in Minnesota
- Experience in hydrology and hydraulic design within Minnesota and regulatory requirements
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Medical and Dental
- HSA/FSA (Medical and Dependent Care)
- Basic Life and AD&D
- Employee Assistance Plan
Founded in Duluth in 1966, LHB is a multidisciplinary architecture, engineering, and planning firm that serves clients nationwide. We specialize in commercial, education, government, healthcare, housing, industrial, pipeline, and public works projects and maintain four regional offices in Minnesota and Wisconsin. LHB is committed to providing clients with high-performance, sustainable design solutions that can meet today’s challenges and create a better tomorrow. In 2021, the Minnesota chapter of the American Institute of Architects honored LHB with its biennial Firm Award.
LHB does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled