Mechanical Engineering Intern (Energy & Industry)
LHB has an opportunity for a Mechanical Engineering Intern to join our Energy and Industry Business Unit. The position will be based out of our Duluth, MN office.
This is a hybrid working position for summer 2024 with the possibility of continuing through the 2024-25 academic year. Actual hours and schedule will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
The responsibilities for this position will include but are not limited to:
- Provide mechanical engineering design and drafting for a variety of projects
- Assist with hydraulic or stress analysis/modeling
- Assist with project engineers/managers as directed
- Work closely with clients to meet and exceed their objectives
- Assist in project coordination with contractors, engineers and clients
- Assist with construction administration support, including field observations
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited college
- Sophomore level as of May 2024
- Upon receipt of an offer of employment, applicants must be able to successfully complete pre-employment onboarding requirements that will include a criminal/civil background check and drug screen, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Demonstrated knowledge/familiarity of AutoCAD or other drafting/design software
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge/familiarity of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Hybrid Work Environment
- 401k with Company Match
- Employee Assistance Program
Founded in Duluth in 1966, LHB is a multidisciplinary architecture, engineering, and planning firm that serves clients nationwide. We specialize in commercial, education, government, healthcare, housing, industrial, pipeline, and public works projects and maintain four regional offices in Minnesota and Wisconsin. LHB is committed to providing clients with high-performance, sustainable design solutions that can meet today’s challenges and create a better tomorrow.
LHB does not sponsor applicants for work visas
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled