Mechanical Designer or Engineer in Training (Building Design)
LHB has an opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer in Training (EIT) or Mechanical Designer to join our Building Design Team in either our Duluth or Minneapolis, MN offices!
The responsibilities for this position will include but are not limited to:
- HVAC, plumbing, and fire protection systems design
- Drafting utilizing Revit
- Performing field verifications
- Identifying and organizing acquired field data
- Ensuring LHB QA/QC processes are followed
- HVAC & piping design calculations and equipment selection
- Professional growth into a licensed engineer
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited program
- Upon receipt of an offer of employment, applicants must be able to successfully complete pre-employment onboarding requirements that will include a criminal/civil background check and drug screen, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- 0-5 years of previous employment in consulting design
- Successful completion of FE exam
- Demonstrated knowledge/ familiarity in Revit
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Mechanical codes, concepts, and design
- Knowledge of calculation methods and software programs
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Medical and Dental
- HSA/FSA (Medical and Dependent Care)
- Basic Life and AD&D
- Employee Assistance Plan
LHB is a multi-disciplinary engineering, architecture, and planning firm known for its design leadership and commitment to providing design services to clients. We have a culture focused on collaborative work, rigorous design, and work/ life balance. Our hybrid approach and flexibility are critical to our success. We have been recognized as the 2021 AIA Minnesota Firm Award winner, one of the Top 150 Workplaces by the Star Tribune, by Engineering News-Record (ENR) as a Top 100 Green Buildings Design Firms, and as an EP (Emerging Professional Friendly Firm) through AIA North Central States Region.
LHB has architects, civil, electrical, mechanical, and structural engineers, land surveyors, interior designers, and landscape architects. LHB provides community planning, and designs systems, performance programs, sites, utilities, and buildings. We create performance-based design, utilizing high performance guidelines including but not limited to B3/SB 2030, WELL, and LEED, and measuring success with Performance Metrics™.
LHB does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled