Junior Mechanical Engineer
LHB has an opportunity for a Junior Mechanical Engineer to join our Pipeline/Industrial Team in our Duluth or Minneapolis, MN offices.
The responsibilities for this position will include but are not limited to:
- Providing mechanical engineering design for a variety of piping systems design projects.
- Working closely with clients to meet & exceed their objectives.
- Performing field verifications, identifying & organizing acquired field data.
- Ensuring LHB QA/QC processes are followed.
- Design calculations & equipment selection
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET-accredited program
- Upon receipt of an offer of employment, applicants must be able to successfully complete pre-employment onboarding requirements that will include a criminal/civil background check and drug screen, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- Successful completion of FE exam
- Demonstrated working knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite and analysis software such as Caesar II and/ or AFT Fathom
- Experience using AutoCAD or Revit
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, time management and problem-solving skills
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
- Must be willing to travel intermittently
- Familiarity with hazardous liquid, gas, process, and power piping systems
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Medical and Dental
- HSA/FSA (Medical, Dependent Care, Parking Transportation)
- Base Life and AD&D
- 401k with Company Match
- Employee Assistance Program
Founded in Duluth in 1966, LHB is a multidisciplinary architecture, engineering, and planning firm that serves clients nationwide. We specialize in commercial, education, government, healthcare, housing, industrial, pipeline, and public works projects and maintain four regional offices in Minnesota and Wisconsin. LHB is committed to providing clients with high-performance, sustainable design solutions that can meet today’s challenges and create a better tomorrow. In 2021, the Minnesota chapter of the American Institute of Architects honored LHB with its biennial Firm Award.
LHB does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled