Graduate Engineer – Transportation Design
We are seeking someone that has an interest in growing their career in Transportation Engineering by supporting our public works team members in roadway and highway design. You will work with a dedicated, collaborative, and experienced team to deliver successful projects for our clients throughout the region. LHB supports a flexible work environment with hybrid (home/office) structure for our team members. This position is open to a candidate that can be located out of our Duluth, MN office.
The responsibilities for this position will include but are not limited to:
- Various project planning and design related activities
- Preparation of project plans and specifications
- Regularly collaborate with internal team members
- Mindfully practice LHB’s QA/QC processes to meet and exceed our client’s expectations
- Assist project engineers/managers on various projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or a similar degree from an ABET accredited program
- 0 to 4 years of experience in roadway and transportation design or civil infrastructure projects
- Engineer-In-Training Certification or commitment to obtain Engineer-In-Training Certification within 6 months of start
- Design Experience with MicroStation and/or Autodesk Civil 3D
- Desire to continue in or grow into a Design Lead or Project Management role and obtain Professional Engineer licensure
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Medical and Dental
- HSA/FSA (Medical, Dependent Care, Parking Transportation)
- Base Life and AD&D
- 401k with Company Match
- Employee Assistance Program
Founded in Duluth in 1966, LHB is a multidisciplinary architecture, engineering, and planning firm that serves clients nationwide. We specialize in commercial, education, government, healthcare, housing, industrial, pipeline, and public works projects and maintain four regional offices in Minnesota and Wisconsin. LHB is committed to providing clients with high-performance, sustainable design solutions that can meet today’s challenges and create a better tomorrow. In 2021, the Minnesota chapter of the American Institute of Architects honored LHB with its biennial Firm Award.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
LHB does not sponsor applicants for work visas.