Architectural Designer – Entry Level (Higher Education)
LHB has an exciting opportunity for an Architectural Designer to join our award-winning team! The primary role includes working with our Higher Education clients, with the ability to experience other markets such as commercial, community design, and healthcare. Our projects range from master plans, predesigns, and minor remodels to large renovation projects and new construction. This full-time opportunity is based in our Minneapolis office with hybrid work options (home/office) available. This position includes mentoring from professional architects as well as support toward licensure through the AXP process while offering the opportunity to grow your technical, design, communication, and graphic skills.
- Project team support in all design phases, including master planning and predesign
- Assisting in developing design concepts and details
- Assisting in the development of construction documents
- Assist in construction administration activities
- Graduate from or within 12 months of completing a professional degree in Architecture from an accredited institution
- 0-3 years’ experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in visualization software such as Revit, Enscape, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Curiosity for learning and innovation
- Demonstrated proficiency in Revit
- Interest in sustainable and regenerative design strategies.
- Professional verbal communication and writing skills
- Self-motivated individual who goes above and beyond to add value to projects
- Financial Assistance and mentorship for the Architectural Registration Process
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Medical and Dental
- HSA/FSA (Medical and Dependent Care)
- Basic Life and AD&D
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Work samples/Portfolio
LHB is a multidisciplinary engineering, architecture, and planning firm known for its design leadership and commitment to providing design services to clients. We have a culture focused on collaborative work, rigorous design, and work/ life balance. Our hybrid approach and flexibility are critical to our success. We have been recognized as the 2021 AIA Minnesota Firm Award winner, one of the Top 150 Workplaces by the Star Tribune, by Engineering News-Record (ENR) as a Top 100 Green Buildings Design Firms, and as an EP (Emerging Professional Friendly Firm) through AIA North Central States Region.
LHB has architects, civil, electrical, mechanical, and structural engineers, land surveyors, interior designers, and landscape architects. LHB provides community planning, and designs systems, performance programs, sites, utilities, and buildings. We create performance-based design, utilizing high-performance guidelines, including but not limited to B3/SB 2030, WELL, and LEED, and measuring success with Performance Metrics™.
LHB does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled