Architectural Designer/Architect 1
LHB has an immediate opportunity for an Architectural Designer/Architect 1 to join our Housing Studio. The position, part of our Integrated Design Team group, is based in our Minneapolis office.
The LHB Housing Studio consists of a 20-person team with a passion for and commitment to collaborating with a wide variety of clients in the creation of socially impactful housing through innovative and environmentally sensitive design. This full-time position offers an opportunity to use your technical, design, and graphics skills to contribute to interesting projects for a diverse group of clients.
The responsibilities for this position will include but are not limited to:
- Project team support in all design phases
- Assisting in developing design concepts and details
- Assisting in the development of construction documents
- Assist in construction administration activities
- Professional degree in Architecture from an accredited institution
- 0-5 years’ experience
- Exceptional design skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in visualization software such as Sketchup and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience producing documents in Revit or other BIM software
- Curiosity for learning and innovation
- Demonstrated proficiency in Revit
- Professional verbal communication and writing skills
- Passion for social impact and environmentally sensitive design
- Self-motivated individual who goes above and beyond to add value to projects
- Hand drawing skills
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Medical and Dental
- HSA/FSA (Medical and Dependent Care)
- Basic Life and AD&D
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Mentoring from professional architects and support toward licensure through the AXP process.
- Work samples/Portfolio
Founded in Duluth in 1966, LHB is a multidisciplinary architecture, engineering, and planning firm that serves clients nationwide. We specialize in commercial, education, government, healthcare, housing, industrial, pipeline, and public works projects and maintain four regional offices in Minnesota and Wisconsin. LHB is committed to providing clients with high-performance, sustainable design solutions that can meet today’s challenges and create a better tomorrow. In 2021, the Minnesota chapter of the American Institute of Architects honored LHB with its biennial Firm Award.
LHB does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled